Friday, March 13, 2015

9111 Tiny Steps of Persistence

You know, some days are just uneventful. Maybe it's raining, maybe it's partly sunny. Could be spring, summer, winter, fall. Maybe you feel pretty good, or maybe you're a little blue. You always have a long to-do list. Time, as the Alan Parson Project sang in the 80's, time keeps flowing like a river to the sea. 

This morning, the weather report said 70% chance of rain. I wanted to go for a walk. I had library books due. I needed groceries. My fitbit was all charged up and ready to start showing some big numbers. 

I decided to act on the 30% chance of not-rain and set out walking, intending to return the books and get the groceries. That happened.

9111 steps later, I was back home, shed of the books, groceries bought and put away. 

Some days a 70% chance of rain is enough to make me decide to just not chance it. Take the car and drive to the library and store. Make it easy on myself. Not today. There are so many good reasons to walk, to be outside, to act on a plan. I do so much better when I allow myself plenty of time!

On my way home, I listened to Seth Godin, who was on James Altucher's podcast. Seth just brims with inspiration, and I was reminded once again of how much my life has changed since I began daily blogging 56 days ago. 
I'm going to keep on with my tiny steps of persistence. Thanks for being a part of my journey.






1 comment:

Mona Karel said...

I finally broke down and bought a Fitbit instead of a knockoff which only works for a month or two. Already that little meter has me parking further out, taking a quick stroll around the yard, or just walking up and down the driveway.
Moving on, moving forward