Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Recurring Dreams


Do you have these? I have several that recur on a regular basis.

One of my recurring dreams is about school. Lately, the main aspect of them has been the fact that I cannot find my classroom, indeed, I do not even have the information I need. Many of these dreams take place on my college campus, in the main building, and in the dream, there are several flights of stairs that only lead to certain portions of the building. So, you can't go up any old stairs to get up to the room you need to go to. I think that is interesting.

Last night, in my dream, I had finally gotten a copy of my schedule and I was going to be able to have the opportunity to get to the classes and deal with all the work I had not been able to complete due to missing weeks and months of classes.

The funny thing is that I had THREE of my recurring dreams last night and they intertwined. That's got to mean something!

2 comments:

Grégoire said...

http://revnost.blogspot.com/2008/10/adorno-theodor-dream-notes.html

This is a cool book you might like. Adorno was an amateur psychoanalyst (and founder of critical theory).

I've had dreams like that, but not in years. The endless pursuit of something or other which never seems to be where it's supposed to be. What happened the day before you had the dream? Were you frustrated by something?

Unknown said...

Thanks, Gregoire. Will check it out!