Thursday, January 1, 2009

Year in Review Meme 2008



1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before? spent a week with my brother-in-law and his wife; went to an Iowa Cubs game; participated in the Morning Glory bike ride in September; dead-lifted 185 pounds; joined Facebook.

2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Haven't made these for many years -- they just don't seem to be useful to me.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Not this year.

4. Did anyone close to you die? No.

5. What countries did you visit? Iowa. (haha)

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? a decluttered house.

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? February 13 -- got my braces off; June 9 -- met with our financial advisors and began the process of getting all of our financial affairs updated, including a special needs trust; July 20 -- attended the Disability Awareness Day Reds game and had great seats!; August 6 -- day trip to downtown with Joe and Sonya, Charlie, Mom, and Valerie; the day of the big windstorm when Greg and I heard Matthew Kelly speak downtown at the CAC; December 24 -- best ever Christmas Eve at my parents'.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Managing my schedule in light of homeschooling four and having a special needs child, with all the resulting doctor and therapist appts.

9. What was your biggest failure? Managing my schedule in light of saying yes to so many things that it was difficult to complete everything.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? No.

11. What was the best thing you bought? Christmas presents this year.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Mine! I am learning how to better take care of myself so that I am able to better take care of my family.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and disgusted? Sorry to split hairs, but no one's behavior can MAKE me appalled and/or disgusted. I was disgusted by the decisions of Mike Brown (owner of the Bengals) because I'm tired of the Bengals being a losing team and I place the responsibility for that squarely on Mr. Brown's shoulders.

14. Where did most of your money go? to Kroger, I'd say.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Working out and lifting weights.

16. What song will always remind you of 2008? the theme from the television show House

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? happier
b) thinner or fatter? somewhat thinner
c) richer or poorer? richer

18. What do you wish you'd done more of? smiling

19. What do you wish you'd done less of? driving

20. How will you be spending New Year's Eve? family traditions focusing on Greg's birthday and looking back/looking forward

21. Did you fall in love in 2008? Yes.

22. How many one-night stands? Right. Stupid question.

23. What was your favorite TV program? American Idol Feb-May, then House in the fall.

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? Don't hate anyone at all.

25. What was the best book you read? No way can I limit it to one. I loved Jesse Kellerman's The Genius. Loved Stephen King's Duma Key. Loved Crazy Busy by Edward Hallowell. And loved The Seven Levels of Intimacy by Matthew Kelly.

26. What was your greatest musical discovery? Annie Lennox's Songs of Mass Destruction

27. What did you want and get? personal training, video ipod, new cell phone

28. What did you want and not get? the iScrapbook program

29. What was your favorite film of this year? Fireproof

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Probably rushed around, like I usually do on a normal day. 47 years young.

31.What one thing would have made your year measurably more satisfying? Can't think of anything.

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? A smidge more desire to be fashionable.

33. What kept you sane? Working out with personal trainer.

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Edward Norton

35. What political issue stirred you the most? whether or not to allow payday lenders to stay in business in Ohio without interest caps.

36. Who did you miss? Not that I knew him or anything, but the circumstances of Heath Ledger's death were so sad and he was so young.

37. Who was the best new person you met? my personal trainer, Mark.

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. I am perfectly imperfect.

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. "to want what I have; to take what I'm given, with grace."

(thanks to DollyMama for this meme.)

No comments: