Thursday, September 25, 2008

On My Bookshelf This Week


I'm always jotting down titles of books I would like to read. Periodically, I gather up all the little notes and go crazy reserving books at my public library. This week, on my shelf, you would find the following:

Raising Unselfish Children in a Self-Absorbed World - sounds like a noble idea; may be one of those books whose title catches my eye, but the book sits unread. better not skip this one -- i want to end up with unselfish children!

Flip - subtitle: How to Turn Everything You Know on its Head -- and Succeed Beyond Your Wildest Imaginings. Sounded interesting.

Sunstroke - The first novel by a brilliant writer named Jesse Kellerman. I am amazed at his writing and would love to sit and ask him HOW he comes up with the stories.

The Writing Diet - one of the many Julia Cameron books on creativity -- Writing myself Thin sure sounds easier than jogging.

On Stage - a super-fun book of theater plays -- you'll hear more about this on tomorrow's weekly homeschool post.

The Rhythm of Life - Matthew Kelly.

I Don't Want to Talk About it - another book by Terrence Real, a guy who knows his stuff

Resolution - Robert Parker's latest -- easy to read -- fairly mindless

The New Rules of Marriage -- Terrence Real has written an excellent book. I have read it once and love the concepts -- I'm going to reread this with an eye toward sharing it with some engaged couples I know.

Ritalin-Free Kids -- Like everyone else in the USA, we have a little ADD going on here, so I thought I might check into some "Safe and Effective Homeopathic Medicine for ADHD and Other Behavioral and Learning Problems

What are you reading that you can't put down? I'm always on the lookout for more books to read!

2 comments:

the Albino Bowler said...

Hey. How are ya? I just got back from Down Under and am looking forward to having the time to catch up on your doings. I wanted you to know that you made my list of top blogs, and I added a feed to you at the Rodeo. It shows a thumbnail pic and quick blip from your most recent post so my other readers can check in on you easily. I'll talk to you soon

-Matt

Unknown said...

Thanks for adding me and putting the feed! How cool to see a snippet of my post on another blog! Welcome back!!