Friday, August 1, 2008

A Milestone for my Lovely Daughter




After a heartbreaking morning on Monday, when after counting down for 120 days, Valerie found out that what WE thought was 15 1/2 years old really was not, according to the state, we decided to give it another shot and see if she had reached the magic milestone yet. This time, the computer agreed that she is indeed 15 1/2 and was eligible for her temporary learner's permit. We went to the driver's license bureau which is a mile away, and we got the permit packet, but had to go to ANOTHER location for the test, which she passed. The questions she missed were related to penalties for driving under the influence of alcohol.

As I waited in the waiting room, the girl next to me told me she liked my toenails! Wow! My pedicure has drawn the attention of a lot of people over the past few weeks!

After Val got her official documents, I drove her to a local Catholic church that has a HUGE parking lot and she drove around for awhile. Today she drove for another 20 minutes or so through quiet residential streets, but she is quite content for me to drive on roads that require any kind of speed. I can already see she is getting more and more confident and it's quite the milestone to have one of my children driving!

Watch out, world!

1 comment:

Stephanie M said...

WOW! Congratulations Val!!!!! You ROCK!!!! Woohooo!!!! Stay slow!!!!

That means Mike and I have been married 15 1/2 years - do you think we're ready for a learner's permit too?