Thursday, July 24, 2008

Promised Photos



Greg has been wanting a pond for YEARS. Back when we lived in northern Wisconsin, we used to love canoeing through the quiet channels of the lakes, and the water plants were always so peaceful and beautiful. We have many beautiful memories from those times.

Sunday, he came driving home with the back of the van filled with a pond liner and a BUNCH of rocks. He had been to our favorite water garden store and purchased a pond kit. I could tell he was pretty motivated, because when he got home after work on Monday, he dug the entire hole for the liner, went to Lowe's to buy sand, put the sand under the liner, and partially filled the liner with water. By this time, he was having to use the car headlights to see what he was doing, so he dragged himself inside and fell into bed. Tuesday, he finished filling the pond and got the pump placed and hooked up. And Wednesday, he stopped by the water garden on his way home from work and picked up the plants that came with the kit. By the time I got home Wednesday evening, he was sitting next to the pond, reading a book, and enjoying his little oasis. When I took the photos this morning, I noticed that the big rock in the second picture looks exactly like a heart. To me, that heart represents Greg's love for nature, for beauty, for me and the kids, and for God. So, when I go out the front door, not only do I smile at the beautiful pond, but when I come home, I am reminded of his loving heart. Pretty cool, if you ask me.

3 comments:

Stephanie M said...

siouxsie (and hubby, of course!) That is the most beautiful pond!!!!! I LOVE the heart rock. Thank you so much for posting a picture of it!!! Great Work Mr. siouxsie!!! (I don't know if we're using real names, sorry)

Unknown said...

Mr. Siouxsie is fine. Greg works too. Just don't be posting my social security number or anything.

pond repair said...

It is an extremely decent post and data is as delightful as pictures. For lake's long life Fish Pond Repair by Pond Pro 2000 is all that much accommodating and can keep the excellence of lake stay until the end of time.