Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Grumbling

No, I didn't get a lot of sleep last night, thank you. But enough that I had a dream that left me pretty angry. And I've got this list of "plagues and nuisances" (thank you EJ for that fine list title) that are plaguing me and annoying me greatly.

1. I have alertly trained The Little Guy to go to sleep in my arms, drinking water from a baby bottle. He's like 27 months old, so the baby bottle thing can't last forever. I actually like that he takes the bottle to go to sleep because I have this fear that he isn't going to get enough to drink otherwise since he's not big into cups. But I think I've really put myself in a pickle. He can also go to sleep riding in a car, and very occasionally, lying on the floor. He can even fall asleep for his nap while watching a Veggie Tales video. For the present and immediate future and distant past, we have climbed into bed together in the evening and I have perched the bottle across my chest, while he has snuggled and happily gone to sleep. But, I don't really want to go to bed with my baby every single night. Some say this won't last forever and he's only little for awhile. But since he has DS, I wonder how I am going to get him to give this up, now that I have so firmly entrenched it in his understanding of what it means to go to sleep.

2. I lost some weight last summer, using my tried-and-true low-carb eating method. But, as the other times I have used this method, after awhile, I think I am going to literally starve if I don't get more food. Sadly, I gained all the weight back over the course of the fall and now I am SO uncomfortable. It's mainly that I've gained a lot of weight in my stomach (ba-a-a-a-d place to gain weight), and I find that very uncomfortable. But at this point, do I do low-carb again? Do I modify it to stave off the feeling I eventually have of starving? And how do I fit exercise into my life? A few times up and down the stairs isn't going to cut it!

See, I told you I was grumbling.

No comments: